It kinda feels funny after the Blogger update - that was what stopped me from posting sooner this time. I can only hope this is the same font I've been using all the while haha :) Besides going for the Blogger update, I installed a new browser called Flock just for fun :) It is pretty good so far, except I think they really need some themes! Haha. I already miss my FFx theme :P
Last Saturday, I had Rz, Sol and JL come over. The three of us wanted to get our hair dyed, so Sol came later for dinner. JL took a very conservative (so we think) colour whilst Rz stuck to his rum-coloured one. I had the most outstanding (or outlandish) colour that day: Pink Chai something. Haha, anyway I didn't dare to leave it on for too long...
Dinner was pre-made shepards' pie which I made in the morning and re-heated for serving, and I don't think JL has ever eaten pie before, judging from the look on his face :P Haha.. And after dinner, though very full from pie and cream of mushroom soup, we went to Zion Riverside Hawker Centre so that Rz could have his favourite Char Kway Teow (that's funny, I thought I had a copy of my char kway teow photo in Flickr, oh nevermind. I'm sure you know how it looks like anyway hee).
After dinner I sort of scrambled over to get two plastic tanks for the hams. One for Duchie, now that she is living alone, and the other as a spare. I mean, they cost $6.90 only, anyway and it'd save me lots of trouble trying to find them again.
...
When I last signed off with a "Ah! I want a Syrian! And a robo! Or two.. ", little did I know how quickly my wishes would come true :P
Yesterday I went to visit my favourite pet shop again :) As usual the auntie was so happy to see me and it was the usual fun and laughter..
Then I noticed she had 5 baby robos!!!!!! Alamak! SO CUTE LAH!!!!! But I was a very good girl all the while. Didn't want to buy any more hams, truly.
UNTIL!!
(You shall have to pardon the Singlish here - I was in the middle of a cluster of stinking HDB void deck pet shops and it didn't help that it was horribly humid. Oops, they call it the "Heartlands" these days. Right, whatever. Moving on..)
Rx: "Eh Auntie, how come this one so small ah? He like so mini wor.."
Auntie: "Hmm yah ah, I wanna remove already. The fur not nice."
Rx: "Actually quite cute lei, just that he is smaller than all the rest.. like eat not enough.."
*five minutes of ogling at minute robos pass amidst several "ee so cutes"*
Auntie: "Eh you want or not? I give you this one lah. Then you buy her a mate lah." *Indicating the scrawny one I called a 'he' previously*
Rx: "HUH! REALLY AH!" *EYES WIDE OPEN*
Auntie: "Ya, cos I also got no time to look after. I give you lah, you help me fatten ok."
Rx: "AH. But ah, she will give birth ornot? Wait no babies very sad one you know.."
Auntie: "Then you buy a pair lor, den I give you dis one free lor. Then more chance of babies lor."
Rx: "AUNTIE AH YOU ALWAYS TEMPT ME AH!"
Auntie: "You want I give you $20 for one ok.. usual price $28. For you only."
Rx: *close to fainting already*
End of story.
And that's how Sesame, Sashimi and Salami came home with me :s
I am hoping now, that dad will NOT NOTICE I have dug out mum's old aquarium to house them when he comes home from Israel tonight.
- 11 December 2006 8:41am -
No comments:
Post a Comment